Check out our recent news!
Congratulations to the following students on receiving a $1,000 scholarship from the League. We wish you the best!
- Aaliyah Craig from BHS, child of Timmy and Tonya Hylton, attending Liberty University
- Alexis Watts from MHS, child of Debra Green, attending Longwood University
- Anesia Martin from MVHS, child of Pamela Martin, attending Emory and Henry College
- Anna Osenkowsky from BHS, child of Jim and Kristin Osenkowsky, attending Christopher Newport University
- Brooke Tilley from BHS, child of Mark and Tracy Tilley, attending Clemson University
- Dejionna Harris from Carlisle, child of the late Shavika Harris, attending Bluefield College
- Dorian Green from MVHS, child of Dennis and Karen Green, attending Hampden-Sydney College
- Emily Bray from MVHS, child of James and Connie Bray, attending the University of Lynchburg
- Faith Young from MHS, child of Victor and Lynne Young, attending Patrick Henry Community College
- Hunter Greer from MVHS, child of Tim and Michelle Greer, attending Radford University
- India Manning from BHS, child of Randy and Karen Manning, attending Bridgewater College
- Jacob Tisdale from Carlisle, child of Travis and Christina Tisdale, attending the University of Virginia
- Jett Hooker, student at Virginia Tech, child of George and Janet Hooker
- Kaitlin Brown, student at Converse College, child of Mike and Michelle Brown
- Kathryne Hruza from MHS, child of Eric Hruza and the late Maureen Fitzgibbon, attending the University of Virginia
- Kendall Cope, student at Va-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech, child of Tammy Cope
- Kolby Quigg from MVHS, child of Kenneth and Sharon Quigg, attending Virginia Military Institute
- Madeline Bishop from BHS, child of Adam and Leigh Ann Bishop, attending Emory and Henry College
- Marcus Esdaile from MVHS, child of Michael and Sherril Esdaile, attending Virginia Tech
- McKinley Verlik from BHS, child of Sean and Tanya Verlik, attending the University of Virginia
- Melissa Anderson from MHS, child of Lisa Anderson, attending Virginia Commonwealth University
- Micah Montgomery, student at Liberty University, child of Kirk and Emily Montgomery
- Myiah Terry, student at George Mason University, niece of Holly Needy
- Rya Hall from BHS, child of Nathan Hall and Tambrey Fedorko, attending James Madison University
- Sydney Compton from BHS, child of Chris and Denise Compton, attending the University of Virginia
- T'Coma Clanton from MHS, child of the late Maurice Clanton and Brienna Hairston, attending Virginia Commonwealth University
- Tanner Roach from MVHS, child of Darrin and Stacey Roach, attending Patrick Henry Community College
- Westley Mullen from MVHS, child of Sharon Mullen, attending Universal Technical Institute
- Zariah Scales from MVHS, child of Brian and Stephanie Brinegar, attending UVA College at Wise
The summer drop-off dates for Bargain Fair 2020 have been announced. These may require us to adhere to social distancing guidelines, so please check our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/charityleaguemhc) for updates before planning to attend a drop off. You may need to schedule an appointment in advance to attend! All of our drop-off events will take place at our warehouse - 242 Franklin St Martinsville. Each drop-off will last from 9am to 12pm. As always, email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
May 23 (by appointment only)
The Charity League has made adjustments this spring to ensure the safety of its members and the community during this COVID crisis. This included canceling certain events and moving meetings online. Please be sure to check our Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/charityleaguemhc) frequently for updates!
Due to safety concerns surrounding COVID-19, Touch-a-Truck 2020 has been cancelled. We hope to see you next year at our spring 2021 Touch-a-Truck event!
On February 29th, our annual Missoula Children's Theater presented the Emperor's New Clothes to a packed Walker Theater. Check out the Martinsville Bulletin's write up of the event here.